Merry Christmas from E.H. Campbell Trading! We hope every one has enjoyed the holiday season so far. Time to toss out any left over turkey and get ready for Christmas cookies for Santa! We ran across this recipe and thought we would share it. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Betty Crocker™ red gel food color
- 24 chocolate-covered caramel candies (such as Rolo™)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt (such as Maldon™) Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment. Set aside.
2. In a gallon-sized zip-top bag, place sugar cookie dough, cocoa powder and red gel food coloring together. Knead bag until ingredients are well combined.
3. Wrap 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 caramel candy, encasing the candy in the dough ball. Place ball on cookie sheet. Continue until all dough has been rolled into cookie rounds.
4. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes, or just until they begin to set. Remove cookies and cool completely.
5. Melt white chocolate chips in one zip-top bag, and milk chocolate chips in another. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each cooled cookie, sprinkling tops with flaked sea salt. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving. Serve at room temperature.
Full credit to Pillsbury for these tasty cookies!
Have fun getting your shopping done - be sure to check out some of our gift ideas!
- Allyson and Kent